Staff contact, student medication, illness procedures, and more
Our goal is to ensure that your student enjoys a healthful, safe school year. 请仔细阅读以下信息, 如果你有任何问题, 请随时联系你的学校健康助理, Tanya Holloway报道 703-750-8320 or your school Public Health Nurse, Jessica Toutebon RN-MSN, at 703-388-1341.Medications can be dropped off at school (main office) preferably by appointment. Parents should contact Tanya Holloway to make the appointment. She will meet parents in the Dome to intake medications until parents are allowed back in the building.
- Care of sick and injured students according to school guidelines.
- 听力和视力检查(K级), 3, 7, 10, 费尔法克斯县公立学校(365下注平台app), 以及由老师和家长推荐的学生).
- 政府 of care for students 与 identified problems or conditions during the school day.
- Coordination of care for students 与 identified problems or conditions during the school day.
How can you help your school health room provide the best possible care?
- Immediately notify the physical education (PE) teacher if your child has any PE restrictions.
- Provide current home, work, and alternate telephone numbers for the 紧急护理信息表.
- Generally, a student may remain in the health room for 20 minutes. After that, if he or she is still feeling ill, parents will be called to take the student home.
- 让生病的孩子呆在家里. It is difficult for students to concentrate or do school work when not feeling well.
- 发烧(体温100度)的学生.4 degrees or higher), vomiting, or diarrhea are not able to stay in school. It is best for children to be at home for 24 hours after these conditions resolve.
- When medication must be administered during the school day, please follow the guidelines established in the current version of 365下注平台app条例2102:
- Complete the 365下注平台app药物授权书s (available online 在这里)
- Provide the school 与 properly labeled containers (your pharmacist will usually provide an extra container if you request it).
- Medications must be transported to and from school by a parent or guardian; except, 父母或监护人同意, a high school student may carry over-the-counter (OTC) medications to and from the school health room.
- Medications must be kept in the school health room or other school-approved location.
- OTC medications may be given up to ten consecutive school days 与 the parent’s or guardian’s signature on the 365下注平台app药物授权书 在医生批准之前.
- OTC medications that are pain relievers may be given as needed throughout the school year 与 only the parent’s or guardian’s signature on part I of the 365下注平台app药物授权书.
- Cough drops and throat lozenges may be carried and used by students in kindergarten through grade 12 as needed throughout the school year, provided that they are in the original container or packaging. Students must not share cough drops or throat lozenges under any circumstances.
Thank you for your cooperation and assistance in helping to make this a safe and healthy school year for all 365下注平台app students!
的 健康资料表格 is to be completed by the parent or guardian at the start of each school year. 填好的表格要交回学校诊所.
Children who need to take medication during school hours must have a signed Medication Authorization, 释放, 及弥偿表格. Prescription medications require the signature of both the parent and the physician. 吸入器和EpiPens需要授权表格.
Over-the-counter (OTC) medications are drugs that can be purchased 与out a doctor's prescription and are used for the relief of symptoms on a temporary basis. 经父母和医生批准, OTC medications may be given on an "as needed" basis throughout the school year. Parents may authorize limited use for 10 consecutive days 与 a completed 药物授权书. 例如用于过敏反应的抗组胺药. 在家长允许的情况下使用 药物授权书, certain OTC medications may be given on an "as needed" basis throughout the school year only as a pain reliever for headaches, 肌肉酸痛, 痛经, 或者牙齿矫正疼痛. 的 medication must be supplied by the parent in its original container. 例子包括泰诺，Advil, Pamprin和阿司匹林.
家长必须携带药品往返学校. All medications must be kept in the clinic and taken under adult supervision. Middle school children are not permitted to carry medications, 包括非处方药, 除了处方吸入器或epipen 与 父母和医生的授权.
Please make every effort to schedule appointments outside of school hours. 当这是不可能的, please send a note to the school on the morning of the appointment stating the time the child will be picked up. Children should bring appointment notes to the attendance secretary before homeroom. 的 student's name will then be shown on an early dismissal list so teachers will know the student is not cutting class. For safety reasons, parents must sign out children in the office.
只有那些被指定的个人 紧急护理信息 form will be contacted either to excuse or take your student home. If the clinic contacts you to excuse your student from school, the clinic must have voice contact 与 the responsible adult to dismiss the student from school grounds. In an emergency, 911 will be called prior to contacting the parent.